This is a series of posts wherein I read and comment on Paizo’s Hell’s Rebels Adventure Path for the Pathfinder system. I like the Pathfinder setting, but its rules aren’t exactly my favorite, which means I’ll provide GURPS conversion notes along with the comments. As I read, I’ll try to imagine how a hypotetical party of Dungeon Fantasy delvers would fare on each scene.
This is an ongoing project. These are the posts that comprise it:
Let’s Read Hell’s Rebels: An introduction that goes into a little more detail about my motivation and methods.
The Player’s Guide: Where I go through all of the free Player’s Guide for this adventure path and pick a party of delvers.
In Hell’s Bright Shadow: The absurdly named first adventure, covered in several posts.
- Part 1: Fledglings of Silver: In which the PCs are drawn to form the core of a new resistance movement.
- Meet the NPCs, Part 1: Descriptions and conversion notes for the NPCs met so far.
- Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens: In which the PCs do what it says on the title.
- Part 3: Redactions and Revelations: In which the PCs discover the fate of the Sacred Order of Archivists.
Turn of the Torrent: The second adventure.
- Part 1: A Cousin’s Plea: In which the PCs set out to find a potentially useful ally. Not much meat here, but you have to start somewhere.
Part 2: Trouble in Old Kintargo has some layout issues, but presents three interesting missions that further the cause of the Silver Ravens.
- Part 3: The Lucky Bones is about this huge dungeon, and I had to resort to multiple posts to cover it.
- Part 4: Conclusion covers the final “cutscene” and the main ways in which it can go off the rails due to unforeseen PC badassitude.